The Industry’s Most Innovative, Modular & Complete GPS Telematics Device
Built-In WiFi Hotspot
Functions as a in-cabin WIFI Hotspot and wireless router allowing communication of any mobile device to the internet. The major advantage is that it lets you use one sim card, one cellular bill for GPS tracking, ELD, dispatch and messaging.
Reduced Monthly Charges
Fleet management, ELD and camera functionalities use ONE single SIM which eliminates the need for multiple SIM cards with multiple charges and enables the use of the less expensive WIFI tablet and WIFI Camera .
Plug & Play Integration
Plug & Play integration into any 3rd
party application via API or TCP/IP
Telematics Integrated With IoT
In addition to it’s many telematics functionalities, the major advantage of the STX Plus IoT device is that it functions as a in-cabin WIFI Hotspot and an IoT Gateway with integrated IoT BLE tags – for countless applications.
How It Works
Plug & Play Installation With Pass Through Harness – Connect to almost any vehicle on the road with a variety of cable options.
Dual Facing WiFi Dashcam – The Dual Facing DashCam captures driver behavior events detected by the STX Plus: sudden brake , sudden acceleration , sudden lane crossing sudden turns. Supports up to 2 additional cameras.
In Cabin WIFI HotSpot – Functions as a wireless router enabling the camera system along with the HOS tablet for ELD to communicate through the STX Plus, routing the data to the internet over 4G LTE cellular connection.
IoT Solutions – In addition to it’s many telematics functionalities, various IoT BLE tags have been integrated with the STX Plus IoT. This functionality allows the STX Plus IoT to act as an IoT Gateway which is used to process and forward the IoT data to the server- for multiple asset tracking applications and wireless sensors for temperature monitoring.
ELD-Ready – Compliant with Federal, Texas Oil, Texas Overweight, Agriculture exemption, California, Canadian DOT and Mexico rulings with auto-switch based on location.
Modular, easy to integrate and inexpensive to customize to your needs
Install Wireless Links Fleet Dash Cam for fleet safety and monitoring of extreme driving behavior such as sudden acceleration, sudden lane crossing, sharp turns and sudden braking
In-Cabin WIFI Hotspot
The STX Plus functions as a in-cabin WiFi Hotspot and wireless router allowing communication of any mobile device to the internet.
Various IoT BLE tags have been integrated with the STX Plus IoT. This functionality allows the STX Plus IoT to act as an IoT Gateway which is used to process and forward the IoT data to the server- for an all around connected fleet.
Reads CANbus OBDII, K-Line, J1939, and J1708 data such as: fuel consumption, oil pressure, distance travelled, RPM.
Wireless Temperature Monitoring
Supports up to 50 RFTags for high-accuracy temperature monitoring of +/- 0.9°F (0.5°C) when packaged with an external digital temp sensor or an accuracy of +/- 1.8°F (1°C) with the integrated temperature sensor.
Wired Temperature Monitoring
Monitor up to 6 different compartments with an accuracy of ±0.5°C, and easily configure the STX Plus to report and alert on temperature readings periodically and on deviations
Integrated rechargeable back-up battery. Battery level transmitted with every GPS data. Battery saving mode – automatically switches to deep sleep mode when the engine is turned off and automatically wakes-up when the engine is turned on or on tilt or vibration.
Stores and forwards up to 5000 events and sends them automatically when unit is back in cellular coverage.
Plug & Play API
Highly compressed OTA, UDP communication packaged with MidLink Middleware and “Plug & Play” API or DLL for quick integration into any third party software
3 digital inputs, 2 digital output and 1 analog input for event logs such as engine on/off, vibration alarm, door open/close, are sent with the time stamp of the event.
Authorize drivers to start vehicle with driver identification via dallas keys or passive RFID keys.
Flexible RS-232 interface allowing easy integration of external devices.
- Geo-fence – auto alarm with GPS location when the unit moves in and out of a predetermined zone
- Tow detection – The unit detects when the vehicle is moving while the ignition is off
- Battery saving mode – auto switch to deep sleep mode when engine is turned off and auto wake up when engine is turned on or on vibration (this feature does not require back up battery)
- OTA programmable via SMS
- Sends cell based location in addition to GPS coordinates
- Accurate driven distance
- Network availability –GSM/GPRS or EDGE/HSPA+ (3G) or 4G LTE CAT-1
- Frequency Bands – 2G Quad-Band, 3G European: 900/1800/2100 or 3G US 850/1900 MHZ. LTE: B13(700) B2(1900) B4(AWS1700) B5(850) B12/B13(700)
- GPS Technology- SIRF Star IV 48 receiving channels.
- Radio Frequency 2.4GHz
- Range Around 150 ft / 50m line of sight. Actual range may vary depending on RF interference, building materials, and physical obstacles.
- Bluetooth Bluetooth for ELD tablet communication.
- RF Protocol Bluetooth for IoT Tags – iBeacon or Eddystone (TLM) or custom. Proprietary RFLink Tags.
- Flame retardant – ABS/PC IP31
- Dimensions : 4″ x 2.3″ x 1.2″ LWD (100mm x 58mm x 30mm)
Additional 0.35″ (9mm) on each side for mounting brackets.
- Weight : 3.8oz (110g) without the cable
- Transmit mode: 200mA at 12VDC
- Running mode: 70mA at 12VDC
- Standby (Hibernation mode: 20mA at 12VDC (when waiting for external event with GPS on).
- Sleep mode: 45uA – (switching to sleep mode automatically when engine is off and/or when external power is disconnected).
- Power source: 6DC -32VDC tethered to vehicle battery or portable with cigarette plug connector.
- ESD 4kV contact, 15kV air.
- When external power is disconnected auto switch to back up 1000 mA 3.7 VDC lithium rechargeable battery.
- Protection internal resettable 1Amp fuse
- Digital Inputs – three contact events, two ground sense and one 5VDC – 32VDC positive sense.
- Analog Inputs – one 0-5VDC.
- Digital Outputs – two open collector 500mA.
- Internal analog temperature sensor.
- Operating Temperature: -22° to 176°F (-30° to 80°C).
- Storage Temperature: -40° to 221°F (-40° to 105°C).
- Humidity: 0 to 99% 110°F (40°C), non-condensing.
- Shock/Vibration/Mechanical: meets or exceeds EIA standard RS-316B 3G (operating), 20G (non-operating) XYZ 3 directions. Meets SAE J1455.
- Firmware download via USB or OTA (Over the Air)
- Configurable via USB or OTAHighly compressed OTA, UDP communication packaged with MidLink Middleware and “Plug & Play“
API or DLL for quick integration into any third party software.
- (Or) direct TCP/IP communication OTA,(no Middleware) packaged with “Plug & Play“ API for quick integration into any third party software.
- In cabin installation (usually under the dashboard when dashboard is plastic).
- Plug & Play installation with OBDII/J1939 or J1708 connector prewired to the wire harness